AIM
Are you a member? Login
Forgot password?
AIM Member Centro Escolar University (Manila)

Centro Escolar University (Manila)

School of Pharmacy

9 Mendiola Street
San Miguel
Philippines

Centro Escolar University is a private, nonsectarian higher education institution with an enrollment of over 20,000 students in its three campuses: Manila, Makati and Malolos. Established in June 3, 1907 by Doña Librada Avelino and Doña Carmen de Luna, Centro Escolar de Señoritas, has grown to become one of the top universities in the country today. The first college, that of Pharmacy, opened in 1921.

The College of Liberal Arts, Education and Dentistry followed one after the other. Three years later, the College of Optometry was established.  Besides being highly recognized its programs in the health sciences (dentistry, pharmacy, medical technology, optometry and nursing) it is also best known for its undergraduate and graduate programs in education, business management, hospitality management, computer science and information technology, nutrition and dietetics, biology, psychology, cosmetic science, social work and mass communication.  The latest program opened is Juris Doctor in 2009.    The main branch is situated in 9 Mendiola, Manila, Philippines, Malolos Campus is in Km 44, Mc Arthur Highway, Malolos Bulacan, Philippines, while the Makati branches is in 259 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue (Buendia), Makati City, Philippines and 103 Esteban Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, Philippines.   

The recognitions from several institutions attest to its quality programs: Full Autonomy Status from the Commission on Higher Education, Institutional Accreditation certified by the Federation of Accrediting Associations of the Philippines, Philippine Quality Award by the Philippine Government, ISO-9001 System Certification by Société Générale de Surveillance and listed in the Companies Circle of the Institute of Corporate Directors for good corporate governance.    The College of Pharmacy was the first college established by CEU in June, 1921. In 1929, the 3-year course was extended to 4 years leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. The CEU College of Pharmacy was granted a Government Recognition No. 32, Series of 1946 on February 27, 1946. Twenty-six years later, the B.S. Pharmacy degree required 5 years of study, but in 1984, the B.S. Pharmacy course was reverted to 4 years. In February 1999, it was elevated to the School of Pharmacy to include supervision of MS Pharmacy and PhD in Pharmacy Programs. B.S. Pharmacy was opened in the CEU Malolos Campus in June 2001 while B.S. Pharmacy and Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy) Programs were offered in CEU Makati campus in June 2005. CEU Makati is the first school that offered Pharm. D. Program in the Philippines.  In June 2008, CEU School of Pharmacy was the first school to offer the 4 yr. BSP, 5 yr. BSP in Clinical Pharmacy and 6 yr. Doctor of Pharmacy program.   

The CEU College of Pharmacy was chosen as one of the pilot schools to undergo the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission On Accreditation (PACUCOA) Accreditation for Pharmacy. The BS Pharmacy program of the College was granted the Level I Status on September 4, 1989, the Level II Status in 1992, re-accredited Level II Status in February 1995, 2nd re-accredited Level II status in April 1999 and the first School of Pharmacy granted the Level III Status, in December 2000. In February 2006, the School of Pharmacy was granted the 1st re-accredited Level III and recently, March 2011, School of Pharmacy was granted the 1st Level IV Accredited Status by Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). Such accredited status implies that over and above the minimum government requirements, the College program has attained academic excellence and trustworthiness in educational operations.  

 The college was founding member of Philippine Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (PACOP) in 1965 and also a founding member of the Asian Association of Schools of Pharmacy (AASP) in April 2001.  It is active also in Asian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) and Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA) Congress.